Education Director – First Church Academy for Young Children, West Hartford, CT
First Church Academy for Young Children seeks an Education Director due to the retirement of the longtime incumbent Director.
About FCAYC: First Church Academy for Young Children is a NAEYC Accredited pre-school that provides a consistent and nurturing environment encouraging the growth of the whole child. We have been serving children and families since 1941. First Church Academy for Young Children is a non-sectarian program of First Church, West Hartford. We welcome preschool children of all faiths and backgrounds into our learning community regardless of disabling condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, race, or religion.
The position: The Education Director is responsible for:
- Program and curriculum development
- Staff supervision and recruitment
- Public relations and advertising
- Facilities management
- Collaborating with the FCAYC Business Director in all aspects of operation
- Serving as liaison from FCAYC to the full church staff
- Bachelor’s degree education (Master’s degree preferred) in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or a related field.
- Director’s credentials in accordance and compliance with the State of Connecticut and NAEYC.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in program organization, curriculum development and administration, or similar experience in a related field.
- Candidates should possess the ability to articulate and implement a vision for the learning environment for the children.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter highlighting qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org