Support the event by donating a tree. You can decorate a tree to reflect your interest, business, or holiday theme. You can incorporate your products or services into your theme, taking advantage of the opportunity to enhance your organization or cause’s visibility on this night to many West Hartford residents when three to five thousand community members come out to enjoy West Hartford’s Holiday Stroll through Blue Back Square and West Hartford Center.
The only cost to you is your donation of a tree with lights and decorations. All donated trees will be raffled to members of the public. Your participation will support community outreach programs that include Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Hands on Hartford and many others. First Church is a registered 501(c)3. A donation receipt can be issued and your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
How to Create and Donate a Tree
- Register your tree with festival organizers (see Register Your Tree button).
- Assemble the artificial tree per package instructions.
- Please do not decorate using edible (cookies, dog biscuits, candy, etc.) or especially fragile, breakable ornaments. Please use your discretion with theme and ornaments, as this is a family event. No violence or weapons, for example.
- Do not glue ornaments to the tree. Secure all ornaments with craft wire or small gauge ribbon. IMPORTANT: Do not wrap wire over or around electrical wires for the lights, only around the bare branches.
- Photocopies of valuable items such as gift cards should be displayed on the tree. The actual gift card should be handed to organizers to pass along to the winner at pick up.
- Deliver your tree to First Church at 12 South Main Street on Sunday, December 1st, between 12 pm and 2:30 p.m. Please park in the parking lot off Farmington Avenue and enter the Auditorium via the rear first floor rotunda entrance.